Seven Baptist churches are serving as distribution sites for the Feeding the Multitude project this year, an effort pioneered by First Baptist Church, Charlotte in 2008 and joined last year by Metrolina Baptist Association to share real hope and supplies for a meal with families at Thanksgiving.
Churches in our association started collecting food (family size cans of green beans and yams, boxes of rice and a $7+ donation for ham & bread) in October, and have prepared packages for 2,500 families.
Distribution Worship Services:
* East Baptist: Saturday, November 20, 5 pm
* Westmoreland: Sunday, November 21, 9 am
* New Hope, Saturday afternoon
* First Baptist Church, Charlotte: Tuesday, November 23, 10:30 am
* First Baptist Church, Matthews: Tuesday, 6:30 pm
* University Hills Baptist Church: Tuesday, 6:30 pm
* Nations Ford Community Church, Tuesday, 7 pm
* East Baptist, Tuesday, 7 pm
Any and all who are in need of supplies for a Thanksgiving meal are welcome to attend one of these services. Each package has enough supplies to feed a family of five.
East is working with Mint Hill Baptist, Westmoreland is working with Trinity Baptist and Hillcrest Baptist, and Nations Ford is partnering with Lighthouse, Pritchard Memorial, Sharon and Woodlawn in their projects. Other churches are gathering food to share among the distribution site churches or with Loaves & Fishes. Other churches are increasing the ministry of their own food pantries, or the pantry in a nearby church.
This is one of the benefits of being part of an association of churches – we can do more together than we can do alone.