Agape Dental Ministry operates in partnership with New Hope Baptist Church. They began in 2002 as the Mecklenburg Baptist Nursing Fellowship Dental Ministry, and, using the NC Baptist Men’s Dental Bus, provided free dental care to the under-served and underprivileged. The Dental Bus stopped operation in November 2010 as they began focusing efforts on a permanent facility. Through the grace of God and the generous support of local organizations and persons, Agape Dental opened this permanent facility in the spring of 2013, a completely renovated and fully operational dental clinic that is staffed by volunteers, and continues the same vital services for our community.
Did you know:
- the Mecklenburg Baptist Nursing Fellowship’s Dental Ministry, now known as Agape Dental Ministry, has provided free dental and spiritual care to over 2600 needy persons during the past five years?
- a Hispanic speaking mission was started as an outgrowth of the Dental Ministry and that it meets at Cornerstone Baptist Church?
- hundreds of volunteers including dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants, nurses, pastors, office workers, interpreters and volunteers who provide food and child care have participated in this ministry?
- East Baptist Church was the site for a week-long clinic 10 to 11 months of the year before opening their new location?
- donated funds cover expenses of supplies for each patient seen, and medications as needed?
- $700 to $800 is needed for each clinic?
Agape Dental Ministry provides free dental care to underprivileged residents of the Charlotte area. Patients who qualify financially are offered a full range of dental services, administered by our staff of volunteer dentists, hygienists, dental assistants, and the others who help make the office operate smoothly.
For more information contact:
Agape Dental Ministry
7839 Idlewild Road
Charlotte, NC 28212
Transportation to Agape Dental Clinic:
CATS Bus #221 and 52X
Stops in front of the Ministry on Idlewild Road